Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Date with Marilyn

How would the date be if I were to date a girl younger than me by 7 years? I was wondering if we could get along. Anyway, I was about to find out.

Initially, I wanted to watch Fast & Furious 4 with my friends and I invited them to watch. But most of them couldn't make it. Marilyn on the other hand, she spontaneously agreed to watch with me. We were supposed to go out long time ago and we didn't have the time. So she was very happy when we finally get to go out together.

I must say, she's a very special girl for her age, at least to me. Think about it. She has yet to turn 18 and I'm going 25 this year. A big gap. Maybe it's tennis that gets us along. Since she know most of my friends through tennis club, I could talk to her about my friends.

Marilyn is fun to get along. I feel comfortable walking with her. Her walking pace is just right and somehow it feels easy to walk beside her. Maybe because we already know each other for quite long. Come to think about it, when I walk with my other girl friends like Tami, Su Peng, Wen Nee or Yee Wern, I can walk while talking to them freely. Probably is that we are used to each other.

I always think that it's a challenge to walk side by side with a girl friend in crowded places like Jonker Walk. Without holding hands, the girl would always slip through in front before me. Marilyn was courteous to always keep her pace right for me to follow.

I had a date with a girl that she tends to walk a little too fast. So keeping up with her was not so comfortable. At a moment, I thought of just grab her palm and stand still. She's the kind that like to walk fast and glance to shop around. Me, the kind of enjoying the stroll with my companion. Marilyn is the same kind.

It was a fun night hanging out with Marilyn. Though she's much younger than me, it doesn't stop us from enjoying the movie, chit chat about our tennis club, the Redang trip, her dancing experiences and her Korean songs. Oh ya, and her turtle CD case which I love so much.

Here's a photo we took inside the shop where we had our dinner.


I feel I look younger with her around, maybe 21 xD