Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Malacca Closed 2008 Tennis Tournament

The Malacca Closed was held on Saturday 16th August at the Ayer Keroh Tennis Courts (near MITC). I participated the Singles and Doubles event. I was quite satisfied with my own performance. I found my weaknesses and I will keep improving (my forehand cross-court and my volley).

These are the pictures taken on Saturday and Sunday.

Me serving in the Center Court! I was my first official match playing in the center court. I liked the experience :)


Returning service from forehand


Split-step volley!


Backhand slice return


Peter posing


Peter hitting forehand


Mark serving



Kai Zhang hitting forehand


Quick forehand shot from Zhang


Zhang strolling through the quarter-finals.



Zhang serving


Tami, Yee Wern and Su Peng

It's our club's tradition that after every events we would have a dinner together. On Sunday, after the matches are finished we decided to go Alai aka Ikan Bakar (our usual place).


Choosing the sea food


I can't remember what's this. Is it lala?


Me, Neng and Mark


TTT and Mike Lau


Couple 1: Su Peng & Kai Zhang


Couple 2: Mark & Tami


Couple 3: Yee Wern & Kew Kuan


Couple 4: Keen & Neng (Best couple) :P




The Players and the High Committees

There will be doubles semi-final, doubles final and singles final this Saturday. All of us will be there to support Kai Zhang, Mike Lau and Peter! The most anticipated match is the singles final between Kai Zhang and Peter. They are our best MMU singles players ever (though Peter has graduated). Another highly anticipated match is the doubles final of pair Kai Zhang & Mike Lau. Let's whack 'em and let MMU be the champion once again!

No comments: