Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Mooncake and Lantern Festival!

It was a time I feel young again. Ah! Just too difficult to wake up and tell myself that I'm 24 and I'm very old already. Can't be like a kid anymore. But! During the lantern festival I felt young again, just for that moment though.

We had a small gathering at Mike Lau's house. We ate mooncake and walked around with lanterns. I don't know why Tami said I was so excited to play fire. It was fun, burning some stuffs. I burnt one plastic ballpen :) And I set candles around the house.

I set the candles and they set the lanterns.


Candles on the letter box


I wanted to be artistic in decorating the candles. So I set the candles in an artistic way, angled.

My artistically set-up candle (so proud). Behind is Tami's Myvi.



Artistic!!


This is my best candle set up. I'm bringing attraction to this very useful object.


The very useful object is actually a tong sampah :P


After we ate our moon cakes, we decided to walk with the lanterns. When setting up our lanterns, Xin Yi being so genius asked me to hold the bamboo stick and light it up. She then put hers and Su Peng's lantern on mine. Tumpang mine and they no need to take. But later on as we walk around, she took it and held it most of the time. It does feel nice to hold a lantern and walk around. And I held a small one. Never mind, be a gentlemen and let her take it lo :)

3 lanterns on a bamboo stick. I liked it alot!


Then, Mike Lau saw our 3 lanterns. He, as the host and being kia su doesn't want to lose. So he brought a longer stick and decorated it.

He got a mega long lantern!! O.O


The funniest part is when Fred drove his car and Mike Lau held the lantern outside. It was really funny.

Us walking back to Mike Lau's house


After walking around the small garden for 1 hour and 20 minutes, we finally reached home. Everyone enjoyed themselves. Walking halfway, when the candle goes out we have to reload and put a new candle. We accidentally burnt a few lanterns too. It was fun and enjoying accidents xD


Here are a few frame pics I took from the videos I took with my hp.


Su Peng on the left, Xin Yi in the middle and Tami on the right


All old guys and girls didn't mind holding lanterns.


Yee Wern posed by the lanterns. This pic is nice!


Kew Kuan posing with Fred's car.


In the end, we burnt our lanterns to set the end of our journey.


I had a fun time hanging out with my friends =)

No comments: