Monday, September 8, 2008

MMU Closed 2008 Tennis Tournament

It was a very nice tournament. Kai Zhang has proved yet again he's the superman of MMU Tennis Club. Other players performed very well too. I am quite satisfied with my performance against Chong King though I lost 2-6 4-6. I'm happy I was able to return his kick serve. And later on after the match he gave me some advice on how to do kick serve. I'm gonna master the kick serve!

My mixed doubles partner, Marilyn. She was kind of blur during our first two matches. Should be because she's not used to playing with different opponents. But she played very well during our last match against champion pair Edwin & Myra. In the last match, she could drive both forehand and backhand. She ran for the balls and tried to hit all of them. Though we lost, we managed to get 4 points from the seeded 1. I'm really proud of her. Yee Wern was playing on the court beside us and saw how Marilyn played. She was very impressed too. Tami praised on Marilyn too.

It's my pride to train Marilyn and to see her perform well. Even though she still has lots of learn, she's picking up the momentum. I shall continue to train her and play match with her so that she'll improve faster.

Overall, the tournament was a great experience. Everyone enjoyed and had fun. We shall do it again next time.

No comments: